Saturday, May 12, 2012

Discovering PMC (precious metal clay)

I decided it's time for another fix.  A jewellery fix, that is.  Making silver jewellery, to be precise.  This time next weekend I'll be happily pottering away in a class, making some new pieces using silver PMC (precious metal clay).

I haven't worked with this medium before so I'm looking forward to learning some new techniques, and using some of the fabulous beads and cabochons I've been collecting.  The great thing about PMC is you can use it a bit like Playdoh, shaping it however you want.  It's then finished in a kiln, which burns away the binding material leaving you with solid metal.

In the meantime I've been sating my craving and getting inspiration with some PMC pieces other people have made.
ACS Ring by N Hasegawa, via MetalClay.com.au
Bronze Pebbles necklace by Pam Annesley
Brooch/Small Dish by Jeanette Landenwitch
Art Clay Hummingbird necklace by Xuella Arnold
Untitled ring by Ayako Kaku
Bronze clay bracelet by Vickie Hallmark

No comments:

Post a Comment