Friday, December 21, 2012

To wear or not to wear...

I frequently get comments on the jewellery I wear, but lately the conversation has changed with people who know that I am making jewellery. They usually go something like this:

Them: is that one of yours?

Me: (putting hands up to check which earrings or necklace I put on this morning) no, I didn't make those. Actually I'm not wearing any if my pieces today.

Them: why not??

It's logical that I would advertise my wares by wearing them. But at the moment, every piece I make and keep is one less piece of stock I have in my store.

Plus, I've been a jewellery wearer/collector much longer than I've been making. I actually have an entire display cabinet for my personal jewellery (plus pretty photo frames and other trinkets).

So, besides becoming a good judge of jewellery design, I've also learned some great places to shop. I'm working on a series of posts about some of my favourite shops on and offline.

No comments:

Post a Comment